Monday, January 27, 2014

Florida

Last year in January, I helped 9 kittens come up from a shelter in Florida.  They have 'kitten season' all year long as they don't really have winter down there.  I became friends with Dorian, who runs the blog www.yourdailycute.com.  Her friend (and now mine too!) Stacey runs Good Karma Pet Rescue in south Florida (www.goodkarmapetrescue.org)  Together we picked out 9 kittens to send up here to the Frozen Tundra.



Word got out that these babies were heading up this way.  There were 4 additional cats that were added for other people along the way.  I started posting about them on the rescue website and Simba was wanted right away.  He would go home to his new family the moment he got here.  He was a sweet cat.  I fostered 4 of them and another foster home fostered the other 4.  I had ...

 Cody


 Emmie




 Ellie and Emmie


Dean

There were also Bingsley who was a black short hair, Martin and Marley who were graybies (as the gray babies were affectionately called), and Buzz who was a brown tabby.  They were all adopted within a month of being here.  Kittens are almost never heard of in Wisconsin in the winter.  It was nice to be able to help these kittens out.  

I am happy to say that I was able to help again this year!  The rescue agreed that we could take in 9 again this year including a mama cat with her kittens!  Here's a sneak peek at them!

Lily and Daisy are in the process of getting new names as the rescue already has cats with those names.

I will be posting about the cats when they arrive.  They are due to arrive Feb 15th.  There will also be some more exciting news then but you'll have to wait and see! :) (No, I'm not getting another cat haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment