Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bridget Jones

There was an acquaintance of mine who knew I was a volunteer in rescue.  She had messaged me saying she found a kitten on the side of the road and it had bit her and could I take it in?  It was a big pain in the butt because she went to the emergency room to make sure she didn't have rabies from the bite.  That meant that either the kitten would have to be put down or we could take it but I would have to go to the vet 3 times in 10 days to make sure it was  fine.   When I went to meet her, there was this itty bitty kitten.  She was all of a pound, maybe.  I asked to see the bite, expecting to see an actual bite.  What I saw was a tiny scratch.  I rolled my eyes and took the kitten home.  She meowed and was annoying so I named her baby Bella 2.  I set up the kennel in my foster room and got her some food and water and litter and she was to camp for the night.


As you can see, I wasn't quite prepared for her arrival.  She did great though.  I took her in for her 3 checks and she was good to go.  She started gaining weight and her colors were coming out.  She was a really pretty cat.  There was one problem though.  Every time I called her Baby Bella, MY Bella would meow on the other side of the door.  So, I had to think of a new name for her.  I am the worst when it comes to naming cats.  I came up with Bridget.  That was the only name I could think of.


She was so tiny, but had such a huge personality!  Her colors were so unique, too!  She adored toys and loved being pet and brushed.  Soon after this, I added a second name to her list of names.

                                           Bridget Jones

Bridget's hair kept getting longer and she was growing a mane.  Turns out, she's a maine coon cat.  I don't know what that means but I do know, from checking it out, that their hair grows and changes colors throughout their life.  That's pretty cool.

Bridget was spayed and went to go live at the adoption center until she would be adopted.  I think Bridget is a very lucky cat.  She was adopted shortly after by my friend.  She has cat brothers and is the queen bee at her home :)  Here is a picture of her shortly after she went home.  So happy you are happy Bridget.


*Picture taken from my friend. lol  Bridget's new name is Bria.  Isn't she just beautiful?


No comments:

Post a Comment