Sunday, January 12, 2014

Luna

When I first started volunteering at the rescue,  there was this cat there named Luna.  No one wanted to adopt her.  She was one of those cats that didn't get along very well with other cats and needed to be an "only".  I made it my mission to get this wonderful girl a home.  She deserved it and I was going to do it.  I posted a lot about Luna.  On the social media pages, in email, and had an ad in the local paper.  Then one day....  They showed up.  This couple who had no cats or dogs, had grown children and wanted to meet Luna!!  She put on a very good show for this couple.  She loved them and they loved her!  It was magic! They applied for her and I approved the application.  They took her home and started sending me updates the same day.  They said it was like she always lived there.  She made herself right at home.  She became a lap cat! She is the sunshine in their lives and they thank me, each time they write, for the wonderful blessing that is Luna.

                                               This is Luna's pre-adoption picture
               

                                           watching birds with her family

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing Luna in her home. She was there practically the entire 2 years that I was a volunteer...I love this picture! I'm so very happy for her!

    ReplyDelete