Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Chew

My best friend's barn cats each had a litter of kittens.  I asked if we could take them in and was given a 'yes' if I could be a foster home and find another.  I did both.  Thelma and Louise and their kittens came into care.  They were about 5 or so weeks old and some of them weren't doing so well.  I took Thelma and the 4 tiniest, sickest kittens.  I had 3 boys and a girl.  Louise went to another foster home with her kittens, also 3 boys and a girl.  I mentioned before that I had a tough time naming kittens.  They went nameless for a bit.  One of them I called batman because his ears were pointy and, well, he reminded me of batman.  It wasn't what I wanted to name him but it worked.

Einstein, Newton, Pascal and Archimedes

I finally decided on a name for my crew.  I decided to name them after the hosts of The Chew, a tv show that I am a big fan of.   Clinton Kelly, Daphne Oz, Mario and Carla.  Only 2 of them used their formal names.  Thelma was such a great mama to her babies.

I never had a mama cat before, so this was a new experience for me.  Thelma was such a great mama.  She was also such a loving cat.  She had a little bit of a kitty cold so she was getting some medicine to help her.  I really enjoyed watching her interact with the babies.  It also made for some great photo opportunities. 
The kittens grew and were starting to play and not needing their mom so much.  It was time for Thelma and Louise to head out to be spayed.  Then they both spent time at the adoption center to recover.  After that, they headed back to my friend's house to live.  They are so well taken care of and have the best life there.  A lot better than most inside cats have it.  They are well loved and protected.  

The kittens started getting crazy and it was about time for them to be spayed/neutered.  Pictured above are Daphne (black) and Carla (tabby).  

Mario had some really cool fur.  It was called Black Smoke.  It was so pretty and very unique.  Above is Daphne on right, Mario on left.

Daphne and Clinton were best friends and Mario and Carla were best friends.  They both were adopted in pairs.  It was pretty cool.  Clinton got pretty sick after he was adopted.  He later died, which is really sad.  He was such a wonderful, funny, loving kitten and had a wonderful home with his family, even if it was just for a short time.

I leave you with this last picture.  I sent in a picture of the pairs of cats to Twitter.  

I got that picture in return.  Daphne on the left, Clinton on the right..in both pictures.  I was so excited!  They are imitating the kittens lol.  It was a nice group of kittens and mamas and I am glad I could help my best friend with this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment